Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Folding in Santiago de Compostela


Teresa, Covadango, Nigel and Esther Posted by Hello

This is part of the folding group I met with at the ice cream cafe in Santiago de Compostela. Teresa is the person who arranged my package of folding paper to take home. She met us at 7:30 am at a cafe on her way to work with the package of paper from her sister's paper store.
She and Covadango were both at the conference in Seville. Teresa taught me a great new rose, and persisted until I had it down pat. Esther is the woman who spearheaded the registration for the Santiago de Compostela Origami convention in 2003 which I was scheduled to attend. She very kindly saved a copy of the Convention Book for me with a huge collection of folding diagrams as well as giving both Geordie and I t-shirts from the Convention. When she's not folding she teaches karate. Teresa teaches math. All I know about Codavango is that she is a great folder and has a huge number of diagrams in her head. She taught me a great shirt with tie (including the knot) from a square of paper.

I am of course the lone male in the group. I am certainly as fanatic about origami as those surrounding me, and learned a great deal from all of them. What a great connection Origami makes around the world. When I get to India next year, there's a group in Mumbai, and on the way over I will make a stop in Singapore to visit the great folding group there.

1 comment:

  1. Who is that handsome mustachioed man?! Pictures are worth a thousand words etc, but it would be nice to know some other stuff...when and where would be good.

    ReplyDelete