Friday, January 03, 2014

Three J Guest House and other things

We are staying at this guesthouse in Kamphaeng Phet and I thought you'd appreciate our palatial surroundings. 


The bungalow is real wood on the outside, but inside the walls are actually fake plastic wood. 

The bathroom is splendid. The shower is electric. I didn't realize I needed to switch the breaker on so for my first shower I used that little green bowl to sluice cold water over me from the big green container gasping at every bit. Then I figured it out so got to warm myself up. 

This is the vehicle which picked us up when we first arrived. 

Our host took us out to dinner at a local cook your own food buffet. Lots of choice - beef, pork, chicken, fish, vegetables. 

We had a cooking implement on top of the charcoal with water in it. The veg went in the water while we cooked on the burner above. 


There were four of us including Charin, the host and our newest friend, Pierre from Quebec. 



I wasn't very good at the cooking but we managed. After the cooking you get to drink the broth. 

We got dessert too. This is fresh made coconut ice cream. You can't tell from the picture but the ice cream container was very deep. I was in up to my shoulder to do the scooping. 

Afterwards we took a drive to see the lights across the Ping River. 

And on our side too. 

And today we went to The Big C shopping centre where we had cheap soup (30 baht - $1.00).

But then we blew it and stopped off for coffee and a treat that cost about three times as much as the soup. 

Delicious!













3 comments:

  1. They had those cook your own buffets in Malaysia - I think the secret is to get the broth quite hot over the charcoal and then the prawns etc. cook in minutes. I wasn't very good either and then my daughter in law gave me one for a Christmas present! Ho! Ho! Ho! Love Marilyn. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the front step of your little guest house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throughout the country, Thai food is a delicious experience. Everything is so fresh. Thanks for letting my tastebuds relive the joys! Wish I'd had a chance to try the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete