Friday, April 17, 2015

Valencia Grafitti

The area where we stayed in Valencia is old, and some of the buildings that were there have been torn down recently. I don't know if new buildings are in the works, or if The Crisis is keeping people from rebuilding but the lack of buildings has a bonus - a lot of great art has appeared on buildings, walls and hoardings. I took some samples. We actually ran across a group getting a lecture on one of the panels. Sadly, I didn't photograph that one so you can't check it out for artistic merit. 

However, I did get a few. There will be very little commentary. 

This was an antiquarian book stall. Rather impromptu by the look of it. 

Trompe l'oeil. 


It really was the Plaza Negrito. And there were at least two establishments using the name. 



Note the snails. 

When I was teaching many of my students called me Mr. P. I guess in Spain it would be Sr. P.

The picture above the Fruteria art work is a poster of a worker having a smoke amongst the debris of the demolition next door. 

This place actually did restoration of paintings. The door slides up, a common way of securing shop fronts in Spain. 



This was one of a whole series of tree forms. 

As was this. 

And this. 

A rather grim Christmas tree. 

Outside a bar for bearish men. 


Inside the same bar

This one is really not very big. 



Last one. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment